This two-day course was created to provide your current Field Training Officers with advanced communication, teaching, and documentation skills to enhance their abilities. The course is designed for current FTOs or department FTO coordinators. Continued improvement in their skills is necessary when so much depends on new officer training and the liability that comes along with negligent retention. In a litigious society, training and thorough documentation is more important than ever. Help those who train our next generation be the best they can be!
- Generational differences
- Overcoming personality conflicts
- Understand why adults learn differently and how to address those distinctions
- The FTO as a teacher and mentor
- FTO is your first true leadership position
- Training mistakes
- Review of typical trainee deficiencies along with training techniques crafted to fix each specific problem
- Documentation of deficiencies
- Negligent retention
- Students will review real body worn camera videos to integrate the two days of training
Lieutenant Rob Fanelli has over 17 years experience as a law enforcement professional, with a major emphasis on police organizational structure, criminal investigation, Field Training, and communication. He served as a Field Training Officer for seven years. He has experience writing and developing department policy including an FTO Manual. He has a B.A. Degree in Criminology from the University of Florida and an MBA from Saint Leo University.