This eight hour online course is designed to provide officers with the skills needed to complete thorough investigations and write great reports. Spread out over two weeks, you will be able to complete the course on your schedule. You and your agency’s reputation are on the line with every incident report written; make them as polished as possible. Improve your reputation and increase prosecutions! Join the hundreds of officers that have already taken the in-person course!
- Methodology and documentation of an effective investigation
- Grammar, Spelling, and Punctuation
- Field Notes, Arrival, Initial Observations
- Countering Common Defense Strategies
- Evidence – Proper Documentation of Chain-of-Custody
- Pro-Active Reports
- Interactive online forum and discussion from experienced investigators
- Actual Case Report Review and Correction
Lieutenant Rob Fanelli is currently the Criminal Investigations Division Commander at the Gainesville (FL) Police Department, where he has worked for 17 years.. He has a diverse career and has experience in a number of different areas including, investigations, patrol, and administration. He has a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Florida in Criminology. He went on to receive a MBA from Saint Leo University and completed his dissertation on Effective Police Organizational Structure: Managerial Economics of a Police Department. He is a graduate of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s Leadership Academy.