Community Policing: Back to Basics
June 1 - June 2$279.00
This two-day course is designed to give the participants a different perspective on community policing. The class analyzes the beginnings of community policing and compares it to the needs of the 21st century. Participants will learn how to develop their own philosophy of community policing and how to design a program that is unique to their agency and community. After the course, participants will have the knowledge to effectively present a program to their administration.
- History of Community Policing
- Create a Philosophy on Community Policing
- Identify the five elements of Community Policing
- Analyze Evidenced Based Programs
- Discuss statistical methods to problem solve and address citizen concerns
- Develop a step ladder to success
- Learn strategies to present a program to their administration addressing concerns and pitfalls
- Develop a foundation for a Community Policing Program unique to each participants agency and community
**Cancel anytime outside of 14 days from the date of the class and get a full refund minus a 5% refund fee. No refunds within 14 days; however, you can replace the student.