Marijuana: A Colorado Perspective
August 28 - August 29$279.00
Marijuana: A Colorado Perspective is a two-day course providing information that is required for officers to become more skilled and knowledgeable about the growing marijuana industry. Because marijuana is associated with a great deal of controversy, the course will focus on understanding the impact that the marijuana industry has had on the country and law enforcement in each state. Topics will be explored to help law enforcement utilize the knowledge gained from this course and apply that knowledge in the field to help with investigations, interviewing, and court preparation.
- Colorado’s impact on the legalization of marijuana
- US statistics on the pros and cons of marijuana decriminalization
- Misconceptions about marijuana
- Difference between Hemp and THC
- Strains of Marijuana and their impact on investigations
- Strategies for patrol officers
- Interviewing for marijuana investigations
- Developing relationships with marijuana experts
- Court Preparation
- Certification in the odor of Burnt and Unburnt Marijuana
INSTRUCTOR: Josh Uhernik
**Cancel anytime outside of 14 days from the date of the class and get a full refund minus a 5% refund fee. No refunds within 14 days; however, you can replace the student.