Advanced Report Writing
June 22 - June 23$279.00
Writing incident reports and arrest affidavits is a crucial responsibility for law enforcement officers, as these documents are key to the agency’s reputation and the success of prosecutions. This two-day course is designed to provide officers with the skills and knowledge needed to produce high-quality, professional reports that accurately and effectively convey the facts of the case. Through lectures, group discussions, and interactive exercises, participants will have the opportunity to learn best practices for report writing, including how to organize and present information, use appropriate language and formatting, and avoid common pitfalls. This course is an invaluable resource for those seeking to improve their skills and enhance the reputation of their department. Join the hundreds of officers who have already benefited from this training.
- Methodology and documentation of an effective investigation.
- Common grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.
- Field Notes, Arrival, Initial Observations.
- Proper investigative tactics and documentation.
- Effective reporting of both victim and witness statements.
- Countering common defense strategies
- Evidence – Proper Documentation of Chain-of-Custody
- Pro-Active Reports.
- Interactive forum and discussion from experienced investigators.
- Actual case report review and correction.
Instructors: Captain Rob Fanelli or Sergeant John Mocello
**Cancel anytime outside of 14 days from the date of the class and get a full refund minus a 5% refund fee. No refunds within 14 days; however, you can replace the student.