Overdose Investigations Course
April 13 - April 14$279.00
The two-day overdose investigations course is designed for law enforcement professionals who are looking to gain a deeper understanding of the challenges involved in responding to and investigating drug-related overdoses. Overdose deaths are becoming an increasingly pressing issue in many communities, and the successful prosecution of those responsible can be an important tool in combating the opioid epidemic. However, investigating these cases can be a complex and difficult task, requiring specialized knowledge and skills.
The course will cover the entire process of investigating an overdose death, from the initial patrol response to the final prosecution. Through a combination of lectures and interactive exercises, participants will learn about the various challenges involved in investigating these cases, as well as best practices and strategies for overcoming these challenges. They will also have the opportunity to learn from an expert investigator who has extensive experience working on these cases, and who can provide valuable insights and guidance.
- Understand the scope and impact of drug-related overdoses in the United States.
- Learn about the challenges and barriers that investigators may face when working on overdose cases.
- Become proficient in the initial patrol response and investigation process for suspected overdose deaths.
- Gain an understanding of best practices for collecting and preserving evidence in overdose cases.
- Learn about the legal framework and prosecution process for overdose cases.
Overall, the overdose investigations course is an essential resource for law enforcement professionals who are seeking to enhance their skills and knowledge in this critical area. By providing a comprehensive and hands-on learning experience, the course will help participants to become more effective and efficient in responding to and investigating overdoses, and to make a positive impact in their communities.
Course taught by Amy Owens
**Cancel anytime outside of 14 days from the date of the class and get a full refund minus a 5% refund fee. No refunds within 14 days; however, you can replace the student.