This two-day course is designed to provide officers with the skills needed to write incident reports and arrest affidavits. You and your agency’s reputation are on the line with every incident report written; make them as polished as possible. Improve your department’s reputation and increase prosecutions! Join the hundreds of officers that have already taken the course.
- Methodology and documentation of an effective investigation.
- Common grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.
- Field Notes, Arrival, Initial Observations.
- Proper investigative tactics and documentation.
- Effective reporting of both victim and witness statements.
- Countering common defense strategies
- Evidence – Proper Documentation of Chain-of-Custody
- Pro-Active Reports.
- Interactive forum and discussion from experienced investigators.
- Actual case report review and correction.
Captain Rob Fanelli is currently a Patrol Commander at the Gainesville (FL) Police Department, where he has worked for 19 years. He has a diverse career and has experience in a number of different areas including, investigations, patrol, and administration. He has a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Florida in Criminology. He went on to receive a MBA from Saint Leo University and completed his dissertation on Effective Police Organizational Structure: Managerial Economics of a Police Department. He is a graduate of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s Leadership Academy.