This 3.5 hour webinar focuses on common mistakes and pitfalls made by new and even seasoned homicide detectives. We sometimes take shortcuts and/or we become complacent. See how these mistakes can be overcome or actually avoided. Homicide investigations are more complex than ever and jury expectations are sometimes unfair. Become the best investigator possible because we have a DUTY to the victim’s family to get justice.
- Crime Scene Procedures- Do and Don’ts
- Crime Scene Accountability
- Initial Scene Responsibilities – How this can make or break a case
- What is Negative Evidence?
- Trust your peers, both internal and external
- Jury Expectations
- Don’t blame the prosecutor- this begins and ends with us
- Take Accountability
Captain Mike Schentrup is the owner and lead trainer for Advanced Police Concepts. He has over 24 years experience as a law enforcement professional, with a major emphasis on criminal investigation. Numerous years spent as a Major Case Detective taught him how conduct these high speed, high reward investigations. Captain Schentrup has taught and presented all over the country.