This 3.5 hour live webinar focuses on front line law enforcement response to cases of suspicious death. The patrol officer response to these cases can make-or-break the cases. We will go over best practices and discuss common mistake and how to avoid them. This class is for everyone, but mostly intended for patrol officers/deputies and their supervisors.
The live webinar is offered twice a year, with recordings available for those unable to attend the course live.
INSTRUCTOR: Captain Mike Schentrup (RET)
- Scene Safety and Security
- Crime Scene Security
- How to deal with the family?
- Death Notifications
- Patrol Response Expectations
- Initial Scene Responsibilities – How this can make or break a case
- Common Defense Strategies and Jury Expectations
- What changes has BWCs made?