- This course has passed.
Overdose Death Investigations
January 17 @ 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
This 3.5-hour webinar is designed to provide law enforcement professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively respond to and investigate suspected overdose deaths. Drug-related overdoses are a growing problem in many states, and the prosecution of those responsible can be a powerful tool for holding dealers accountable. However, these cases can present numerous challenges and barriers to investigators. Through lectures and interactive exercises, participants will learn about the overdose death investigation process from the initial patrol response to the final prosecution. Our expert investigator, who has firsthand experience working on these cases, will provide professional guidance and share valuable insights and best practices. This webinar is an essential resource for those seeking to enhance their skills and knowledge in this critical area.
- Understand the scope and impact of drug-related overdoses in the United States.
- Learn about the challenges and barriers that investigators may face when working on overdose cases.
- Become proficient in the initial patrol response and investigation process for suspected overdose deaths.
- Gain an understanding of best practices for collecting and preserving evidence in overdose cases.
- Learn about the legal framework and prosecution process for overdose cases.
Instructor: Corporal Amy Owens
**Cancel anytime outside of 14 days from the date of the class and get a full refund minus a 5% refund fee. No refunds within 14 days; however, you can replace the student.