This two-day course is designed to enhance the communication, teaching, and documentation skills of current Field Training Officers (FTOs) or department FTO coordinators. The importance of effective training and thorough documentation cannot be overstated in today’s litigious society, particularly when it comes to the crucial role of FTOs in training new officers and minimizing the risk of negligent retention. Through lectures, group discussions, and interactive exercises, participants will have the opportunity to deepen their knowledge and skills in these areas and become more effective in their roles as trainers and mentors. This course is an invaluable resource for those committed to upholding the highest standards of professionalism and excellence in their departments.
Course is certified by the Southeastern FTO Association (SEFTOA).
- Generational differences
- Overcoming personality conflicts
- Understand why adults learn differently and how to address those distinctions
- The FTO as a teacher and mentor
- FTO is your first true leadership position
- Training mistakes
- Review of typical trainee deficiencies along with training techniques crafted to fix each specific problem
- Documentation of deficiencies
- Negligent retention
- Students will review real body worn camera videos to integrate the two days of training