Leadership for Front-Line Supervisors is a course designed to help law enforcement professionals develop the skills and knowledge necessary to excel as front-line leaders. Leadership and management are distinct but complementary roles, and this course will help attendees understand the difference and learn how to effectively lead their teams. Through lectures, group discussions, and interactive exercises, participants will have the opportunity to explore key concepts such as team building, communication, and conflict resolution, and gain practical tools and strategies for leading their teams with dedication and professionalism. This course is an invaluable resource for those seeking to enhance their leadership skills and advance their careers in law enforcement.
- Leadership versus Management
- Are you born with leadership skills or can they be forged?
- What is a Positional Leader?
- Influence versus Manipulation
- First your Friends – Now your Subordinates
- Leading with Subordinates, Peers, and Bosses
- Let them win
- Listen first then decide
- Why is time on your side?
- Love and Accountability
- Leadership growth – How is it accomplished?
INSTRUCTORS: Captain Mike Schentrup (RET) and Lt Wayne South (RET)
To see numerous articles written on leadership by both Mike and Wayne, go to our blog section, click here.